I've been pondering about the TIME issue lately. It is as though it was yesterday that we were young and careless... happy and fulfilled with life! We were amibitious! Things were brighter. Life was simpler. Friends were friends. Girls were lovers! WE were lovers. Noone cared and Noone cried! All the controls were set to the sun... And NOW... well... the smart ones put it this way:
... You run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time has gone, the song is over...
Thought I'd something more to say...
What is the purpose of life? Isn't it that we should try our best and enjoy the moment that we live in? After all, we only live it once! And this life belongs to US! NOT to our lovers, NOT to our parents, NOT to our friends! It belongs to US! We are the ones responsible for our deeds, for our existence!
Why is it that with age comes so many restrictions? So many reservations? So many ARTIFICIAL obstacles? So many self-inflicted do's and don'ts?
Last week, I went back in time. To the glory days when emotions were abundant and the fears of longing ruled life.
Last week, I lived my dream. I broke out of the cage. And I enjoyed EVERY second of it. EVERY bit of time spent was priceless and cherishable.
And now... we're back to our ABNORMALLY NORMAL lives! Back to our cages... Trying to discard all those pure moments of glory. Trying to downgrade to the routines...
WHY? Why can't we just break this cage and live the dream eternally? It is so within earthly reach!
And still I ask myself WHY...
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Why?
Posted by JJ at 2:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
cause this is Life & life is real and reality is bitter
Post a Comment